HKHA 18-19 Circular No. 2 - New match format for premier matches in Men's and Women's WL (2018-19)
To: Convenors of Affiliated Clubs (Men’s and Women’s)
C.c: HKHA Council Members
HKHA Sections’ Committee Members
Dear Conveners and Umpires,
KHA has decided to implement a new match format for all premier league matches of both Men's and Women's in the 2018-19 season starting from this weekend. The trial for first round will be effective immediately. Please find below the details for your reference.
- A match consists of 4 periods of 15 minutes.
- At the end of the first and third period there shall be an interval of 2 minutes. During this interval, teams are not permitted to leave the field of play.
- At the end of the second period there shall be an interval of 10 minutes. Play is resumed by a center pass which is taken by the team that did not take the center pass for the first period.
- Play for the second period is resumed by a center pass taken by the team that started the first period. Play for the fourth period is resumed by a center pass is taken by the team that started the third period.
- The match is prolonged at the end of each period to allow the completion of a penalty corner or any subsequent penalty corner or penalty stroke.
- When a penalty corner is awarded, time is stopped up to a maximum of 40 seconds, except in the case of re-awards. The umpire will re-start play at the earliest possible opportunity, ensuring that any delay is kept to a minimum.
- No stoppage of time after a goal is scored.
Umpire Section will also communicate with the Premier Umpire Panel and the Match Officials for these changes.
Hon. Secretary General
The Hong Kong Hockey Association